View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 01:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Self centred is indeed the truth

Last night I had a very bad fall, I was cooking dinner as I always do, had the veg on boil & nearly done, chicken ready to go. DB came home from work and commenced his usual routine - get undressed while I take care of his work dog. Took the dog out for a pee, he is a big 38kg strapping lab.

Long story short he accidentally knocked me over into the garden bed bordered by big red gravel boulders. I had my hand out to help save the fall and avoid hitting my head and right hand hooked to the dog, I heard the snap on my hand, looked and middle finger and little finger on left hand completely bent to the left. Without thinking I quickly snapped them back into place, screamed out to DB, no reply. Badly grazed my upper and lower limbs on the side of the gravel rocks.

Quickly caught the dog and hobbled inside sobbing and moaning saying I think I've broken my hand. Blood running down my left arm, left leg, left hand swelling and blue and right arm also bleeding. I cried my way to the shower to wash off the blood, he's done 1st aid so I thought he will help! No he carried on undressing and let the dog out back. I got out of shower and asked for his help to pat me dry, waste of time, he dabbed the dry spots -I ended up air drying, I asked for help dressing, he got my nightie & helped oull over my head. I'm still crying and bleeding. He goes to the kitchen and proceeds to dish up the dinner I've cooked, hands me a plate and says where are you sitting. All this while he has his eyes and attention firmly fixed to the tv. Takes my tray to the lounge and sits and and proceed to eat his. I struggle to put the tray in my lap and look at him. He says what's wrong, I'm speechless, I say I think I'm in a bad way dear, youve done first aid, shouldn't you be checking me out. He says Nothing I can do, your fine, a bit of blood. I ask him to put my tray back in the kitchen and I go get dressed in simple pull on clothes, he asks where are you going? hospital I say, for a broken finger he says - with a big exasperated sigh. I raise my voice a little, Lyndon, I'm in pain and I need help. He says, Go to bed, take a tablet it will be ok in the morning.

Instead I know I need complete wound cleaning and X-rays -it's depressing and I leave for the hospital, they admit me straight away, the many wounds do need degrading and cleaning, the fingers, hand, elbow and ribs need Xray. They are giving me 10 & 20 mg oxy like lollies. Not working. Eventually, X-rays done, injuries confirmed. I've lied and said I took a taxi there. I drive home eventually, get in around 1.30, potter and put the washing away, go to bed when the Xanax also given kicks in.

DB goes to work, I don't hear him leave, he rings at 8.30am and says what's wrong. I said I put it on messaging last night along with photos, "oh I didn't read it", I was sending birthday wishes to my friend in the UK.

So I tell him and he says "SEE I TOLD YOU, NOTHING THEY CAN DO ABOUT IT" so now it's all well strapped, I've had an injection of some sort to prevent infection, I'm bandaged in other places and I've been made to feel like someone cared. DB on the other hand it seems couldn't give a continental.

I said to him, I think his is the icing on the cake, you just don't care enough to about me. All you care about is yourself. The accident shouldn't have happened if you had looked after the front yard and more Importabtly trained the dog when he is not working, his excited behaviour is not warranted, he weighs nearly 40 kg, I'm very unsteady on my feet and he is wild and undisciplined unless in his work uniform.

M mum has just done the same, I posted my niece is coming to help me wash and shower, mum says, not a word about my injuries, just straight into "oh can you ask her to bring the Mahjong board and can you go to the bank and get the money to give to her". I replied no, I can't, I'm not well enough to drive or do any of those things. so she has a hissy turn as well. I'm over all these self centred people around me. They can start to tend for themselves. I'm not doing it anymore.

Post note, I'm black n blue today and very very sore. My mum still trying to justify her comment haha.

Last edited by PamelaJune; 04-10-2016 at 03:49 PM.
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-10-2016), ger715 (04-10-2016), PurpleFoot721 (04-10-2016), RSD ME (01-28-2017), St George 2013 (04-13-2016)