View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 10:02 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Update - Three Months

(April 3 - also 9 Weeks 1 Day since second injury) Not good. Oldest symptoms are slowly fading, but I've become an insomniac. It started slowly as my physical exercise wound down to zero, then midway through the 10th Week became a regular struggle. I can no longer count on powerful sleep to take hold at the early (630 pm or so) hour I'm used to bedding down. Worse, this freaked me out badly at first. I would often have anxiety attacks so bad I could not sit still, unable to accept what was happening. Twice I drove to the emergency room (worthless) in the dead hours of the night and one night I failed to get to sleep until the sun started coming up. The only thing helping is good medication. Antihistamines are good for anxiety attacks while lorazepam (Ativan) is good for sleep.

I think my drastic loss of exercise and increasing age have greatly reduced my sleep drive. I actually only need about 5 hours living this listless life--of course it would be more if I were doing all my former work. Probably also I'm reverting to an 'owl' with my awake drive is still strong for several hours after sundown.

I'm really hurt by this--sleep used to be my sweet (and reliable) escape. My bad attitude makes me prone to anxiety, although severe anxiety seems to be fading . . I got a CT scan which was of course negative. Not great medical help available in this area; I'm still far from my first appointment with a psych (May 11.)

I won't be on the forum as much as I get down very easily though I still think communicating with some of you guys would be good. Take care everyone.

Last edited by brownehn; 04-10-2016 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Omissions etc.
brownehn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote