View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 11:47 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingMyBest View Post
I too have tremor dominant PD and have gone med free for 5 years. Then due to worsening tremors tried carbidopa for 4 months for no relief so I quit.... only got nauseated. Thought about the Hinz P but the idea of large amounts of the stuff to take in the beginning with only more and more to take in your future turned me off. Tried Requip (bad stuff) and Cogentin (nope) and Amantadine (ok). Now in the middle of DBS looking for tremor relief.
Hello,

I wanted to chime in on your concerns about the Hinz protocol. My sister is on it and it has been nothing short of miraculous for her. With our experience, she began on very low doses of the supplements. Over months, those amounts have been increased. She is still working with her doctor to fine-tune her dosages (which is definitely an exercise in patience!) but, once that dosage is determined, there should be no need for taking more and more in the future. (This process for her has been over the course of the last 10 months. She went from only walking for short distances, having a constant tremor along with rigidity, and needing help for all activities of daily living to walking with almost a normal gate and being independent for all activities of daily living! Her tremor is mostly gone; when it does appear, it is minor compared to what it was in the beginning.)

The protocol is expensive and does not come without challenges - but it has given my sister her quality of life back.

Wishing you well,
SueC
SueC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote