View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 08:32 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi boiler,

Pretty new on the board but thought I would relay my experience with my PN.

My neuropathy came on last September and mostly affected my hands and slightly my feet. I am an avid runner also and continued to run throughout the experience without much displeasure or pain from running. Unfortunately this past January I started feeling more pain in my legs and feet...especially more burning on the bottoms of my feet instead of just the tops and I felt as though the running irritated or cause my neuropathy to get worse. That's just my opinion I am now doing more yoga and elliptical type training that is not so pounding on my body. I noticed if I did go for run...my symptoms were much worse That evening and also the next day. Sometimes it felt unbearable. So now I feel a little bit better on my feet if I don't do a pounding type of workout on them. I haven't run now for about two months.

My PN is idiopathic as of now...it seems to come on in attacks and I have had the initial one and then the one yhat hit my feet so hard at the beginning of the year. I miss running and hopefully it gets better and can start again someday.

My personal opinion is that running I did caused more symptoms to precipitate.

Let us know and I hope you get better and can continue the running.

Sven
Sven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote