View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 09:06 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler1993 View Post
Hi All,
I have a question about exercise and SFN. I was previously diagnosed with non-length dependent SFN due to most of my symptoms being discomfort in the trunk area to clothing and dripping feelings in my legs - I never had the typical foot problems. Well recently I have noticed that when I wake up in the morning my feet burn slightly. It usually dissipates throughout the morning. Well furthermore I am a runner and that has never been a problem but now it seems that when I run the burning will come on that day and worse the next day - is this something that is most likely caused by the neuropathy? While I am running I have not had problems only after.

Also with the mild burning being a fairly new symptom should I be concerned that this might be progressng? I am on Lyrica and have not had very much trunk sensitivity since but the feet burning seems unaffected...why would this be?
How long have you had the symptoms?
I used to do interval training and run sprints every day. I started to become weaker and have autonomic symptoms that wouldn't allow for the intensity, but just thought it was hormonal or maybe a thyroid issue until the pain set in. Mine probably took years to develop but I was always strong and healthy until about 2 years ago when it hit me hard. It got to the point that I started to notice a huge increase in pain the night and up to two days after a work out. I ignored the pain and pushed myself through grueling work outs that became more and more difficult (even the ones that used to be easy).Then it got to the point that I actually could not do reps or run. Everything just became worse week by week. It upsets me so much that I can't exercise. I try to go for walks and do light stretches and have to be very careful with my body. I feel like I am 80 years old. I'm still hoping for healing though and think if I am patient and listen to my body, this will get better. It is not as bad as it was, so that is a good sign.
I did some reading about muscle recovery from exercise when the mitochondria are sick. Supposedly it takes much longer when people suffer from CFS, nerve disease, and other illnesses for the repair and recovery of a work out than in a healthy person. I know that to be true for myself for sure.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote