View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 04:31 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler1993 View Post
Hi All,
I have a question about exercise and SFN. I was previously diagnosed with non-length dependent SFN due to most of my symptoms being discomfort in the trunk area to clothing and dripping feelings in my legs - I never had the typical foot problems. Well recently I have noticed that when I wake up in the morning my feet burn slightly. It usually dissipates throughout the morning. Well furthermore I am a runner and that has never been a problem but now it seems that when I run the burning will come on that day and worse the next day - is this something that is most likely caused by the neuropathy? While I am running I have not had problems only after.

Also with the mild burning being a fairly new symptom should I be concerned that this might be progressng? I am on Lyrica and have not had very much trunk sensitivity since but the feet burning seems unaffected...why would this be?
I am a runner and per my neuro's advice, I am continuing to run. When my symptoms first started I also had another health issue that kept me from running for several months. I noticed that my autonomic symptoms are/were far worse when I don't run. My SFN is progressive whether or not I run. Unlike you, I actually have fewer symptoms at night when I have ran that day, except for my thighs, which are always on fire. Mine started with severe spasms all over, the burning came later.

I hate that you are so young and experiencing this.
teachermom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote