View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 05:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueC View Post
Hello TryingMyBest,

No, I don't mind at all. I just want to give this disclaimer: Dosages will be different for different individuals. Unfortunately, adding to the expense of this protocol, it is essential to work with a doctor who is trained by Dr. Hinz.

Her current dosages are: 28.8 g mucuna, 8 NeuroReplete, 6 CysReplete, 1 RepleteExtra, 800 mg B6 and 52.5 g tyrosine.

It has been a process getting to this dosage and my sister is still fine-tuning her dosages to find the "sweet spot," as she calls it. It took ~2 months to see changes initially (although the anxiety that she suffered as a result of a toxic reaction to the antibiotic Cipro resolved within weeks!) and another 2 or 3 months for her to get to the point of independence. I would imagine with lesser symptoms that the dosages would be much less and, perhaps, the time for the switch to flip would be shorter - but I am not sure of these things. I do know that my sister's doctor, Dr. Stein, had said that he wished he had heard from her sooner.

I hope this helps. As I have said in other posts, the cost is high and it is not convenient all the time, (my sister takes her mucuna mixed with water in 6 separate doses throughout the day,) but it has given my sister her life back.

Blessings to you and yours,
Sue
Hi Sue,
I understand the balancing concept and that it is individualized. But I can't seem to get past the idea that these are still at toxic levels. My concern is what are the effects of high amounts long term? Will it hurt your sister long term like I believe l-dopa does. Just wondering.
TryingMyBest is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote