View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 01:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Surprise --- Surprise

Well, I don't know if it was from the flexeril or not, but when the visiting nurse came Monday morning to start the steroids, she noticed a very irregular heartbeat. By the time I'd told her my symptoms that were on-going since Saturday night, she had the phone in her hand calling the doctor. "Stop the IV and call 911!" NUTS!!!!

Turns out I was in atrial fibrillation. At the local hospital it rectified itself but my docs wanted to transfer me to a bigger medical center with a full staff of cardiologists, newest equipment, etc. It's also where my neuro's office is. So off I went by ambulance.

Had all sorts of tests and they showed no heart attack (thank you Lord), but it had been a. fib. So now I'm adding a blood thinner to the list of pills every day to prevent clots/stroke. There is a history on my father's side of the family. Being pretty much immobile, gaining a few pounds and my age (63), they decided to go with Warfarin. Of course the level has to be checked regularly now.

I did have the second dose of steroids (Decadron) in the hospital so am very tired and weak now. Could be from the "ordeal" or just withdrawal from the 'roids. If it's not one thing, it's two more!

Hope everyone is hanging in there!!!!!!

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote