Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneo76 View Post
Hi there,
I posted this in the B12 forum but did not get an answer. I have neuropathy in my feet. I can't bend my toes. I don't have the burning that some folks talk about. I noticed a slight limp about 5-6 years ago and thought it was an old accident. It got worse and my neurologist told me it was neuropathy. I went to St. Louis University and they ran all the tests but could not find a cause to the problem. It has gotten a little worse this past year, but I blame that on a cancer deal that I went through. Otherwise I am very healthy, work out a couple times a week on a cross-trainer and will be 58 in a couple months.
My B12 levels were 286 last time they were taken a year ago, so I started taking B12 pills about 6 months ago. My feet used to be numb and tingley. Now I can feel the bottom of my feet again. But, my left foot and calf are very cold. My right foot used to be colder also, but not as much now.
It just sucks that my balance is out of wack. I used to be a carpenter years ago and could walk a 3 1/2" board 15 feet or more off the ground without a thought. Now I have to put my hand out to steady myself like an 90 year old man. Hopefully it will get better.
Thanks all!
Here is the link to your longer post in the B 12 sticky thread..
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post1206267-865.html

Replies can be made on your thread here, helps to keep the sticky threads for the basic B12 info.

Usually it is best to take the B12 (methyl type) on empty stomach - most do it first thing in the morning.

Quite often no exact cause can be found for PN. Since you mention the past injury , it could be scar tissue or perhaps it you used crutches & limped back then? the spine might have gotten tweaked out of alignment and now is causing troubles..
I would try to verify that there are no pinched or impinged nerves , that could be part of the problem..

Last edited by Jomar; 04-11-2016 at 09:46 PM. Reason: added a bit more
Jomar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote