View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 09:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

DHCkris - I will definitely let you know if I ever find a cause. I definitely had the same mind set as you - I am TOO young to have idiopathic neuropathy! Somtimes I still don't believe it. Please do the same and let me know how you are doing! My first skin biopsy was kind of a mix of normal and abnormal so I am considering a second to see how it compares (you have prob seen past posts about how 2 biopsies in so much better info wise than 1 - it is still not my favorite test though as I hate needles). I definitely get the alone thing - you don't happen to be located in texas do you? Then we wouldn't be so alone after all. The running probably helps because as my doc says "the normal sensations over power the abnormal ones".
If you don't mind me asking - where do you experience your pain and what kind of pain/how painful is it? I only ask because I am looking for similarities between us as it seems to be rare in young people.

Caroline2 - It along with tennis are my two favorites.I know it is demanding on the body but for me it is my time to mentally relax and let go. It is very good for stress and I think that when it doesn't cause my feet to burn it actually does help with the clothing sensitivity for me (although this probably has more to do with running's stress relieving properties)

teachermom - I remember your first post because I was excited to see someone else asking questions about running! I do often feel better overall when I have been running as I said to Caroline I think for me it is because it helps with any stress from that day. Yes for me this way never a problem until my feet started to bother me. And I think that I have a large variety of symptoms but for the most part my level of pain experienced is much lower than many on this site - the fact that I can still run is probably a testament to that. Do you have any foot pain at all? Or it it all upper leg?

onebeed - Haha like I said I will try to maintain it as long as possible. Unfortunately (before I had ever had ANY problems with running) - I signed up for a marathon (my first) and I am so excited...now I a hoping this doesn't get worse before then
boiler1993 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote