View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 10:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, one more reason to find another doctor. When I had seen him he seemed to think my neuro would be removing my MS diagnosis. I just finished up with my follow-up from the neuro this morning and there was absolutely no mention of her removing my diagnosis. Thankfully everything is stable as far as lesion loads go so basically maintaining the status quo. But I was really dreading this morning's visit thinking that I would have to argue with the doctor and such. But no, she just wanted to see me sooner given my recent admission to the hospital just to make sure I wasn't having any additional problems or maybe needing to address some bladder issues since it was a UTI and kidney infection. That was the only reason why she wanted to see me sooner rather than my appt that was scheduled a few weeks from now.

So I'm still loving my neuro, but the primary.... I need to find someone else I think. I don't much mind about talking to the other people when playing phone tag with the dr. offices. Mostly since my health group has a way to directly email the doctors. It's a lot of times even easier than calling them and I tend to get answers sooner. However, one thing that I absolutely must have in a doctor is one who doesn't talk over me.

I can't tell how many doctors I've had where they ask me a question, I start to answer, then they try to finish my sentences while I'm trying to tell them "no that's no what I'm saying...." Then everything gets discombobulated as the doctor can no longer distinguish what he said from what I said. The worse part is, I live in the south, but I'm originally from New England... I never once thought the Gilmore Girls talked too fast, or even fast at all... That's how we talk in the New England... motor-mouths all the way. So I know it's not that I'm talking to slow and the doctor is trying to speed things along... They're simply not listening to me.

Requirement number 2, of course is having an open mind. I have a lot of weird things that go on, some from MS, some from the hemochromatosis, some from I guess the red-hair gene. I can't take vitamin supplements unless they're water soluable, anything else quickly develops a toxicity reaction. Forget narcotics, they really don't do much at all for any kind of pain I'm in, and never once have I felt "high" from taking them, so I don't even get any fun out of the deal.

And finally, I really have no clue what 'normal' feels like, so there's no point in lecturing me for not noticing something you think 99% of the world's population would notice. If you want an answer to a question, you're going to have to be specific in what you're looking for, otherwise it really just goes over my head most of the time. (Big reason for bringing family members with me, so that for a lot of the questions the doctors ask, while I'm shaking my head going... nope...nope... not that I can think of.... my family members are generally vigoriously shaking their heads...yes... yes... all the time...) So the doctors need to not only listen to me, but my family members as well... sometimes needing to listen to them even more than they listen to me
Darlene (04-14-2016), Hopeless (04-12-2016), St George 2013 (04-12-2016)