View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 05:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler1993 View Post
DHCkris -

teachermom - I remember your first post because I was excited to see someone else asking questions about running! I do often feel better overall when I have been running as I said to Caroline I think for me it is because it helps with any stress from that day. Yes for me this way never a problem until my feet started to bother me. And I think that I have a large variety of symptoms but for the most part my level of pain experienced is much lower than many on this site - the fact that I can still run is probably a testament to that. Do you have any foot pain at all? Or it it all upper leg?
At the beginning of every run, it feels like my feet are made of broken glass. They also feel this way when I get out of bed in the morning. It is very painful, but after a few minutes, I'm ok. At night, my lower legs are in a lot of pain---kind of like being stuck by needles from the inside out. Fortunately during runs my biggest issue is that my legs kind of seize up. It's a very odd sensation and my gait gets weird. It's almost like my legs don't remember how to work correctly. But I have noticed that running on grass or gravel helps with this and I can almost always run through it. For a while, my legs had a very heavy sensation and it has taken me months to get to the place I am now--running long distance again. Running is a dear friend to me and I dread the day that I won't be able to do it anymore. Like you, I feel fortunate that my sfn seems mild compared to most.
teachermom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Cliffman (04-12-2016)