View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 05:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Lily7 and AnnieB3,

I have really enjoyed reading your posts on this thread. VERY interesting.

My next comment is really "out of place" since it is unrelated to the thread and the ONLY commonality is the prednisone.

Just moments ago, I returned from the pharmacy, picking up my script called in by my doc, for prednisone. This is very short term, for an acute issue. I take 4 pills today, 3 tomorrow, 2 the next day, and the final remaining 1, the following day. Yes, a total of 10 pills in all. This is not my first time needing prednisone for an acute issue, but it is also not a common occurrence in my life. I think I have taken a similar course of pred on just 3 or 4 occasions. It does elevate my blood sugar levels while taking it and have been told to expect the rise for the time I am taking the pred.

I found it very interesting to read that long term use of pred can induce diabetes.

That also has nothing to do with MY situation but I found it interesting.

I do have a question for AnnieB3 regarding adrenal insufficiency. The symptoms you list describe me to a T with the exception of confusion. What are some of the causes of adrenal insufficiency other than Addison's and long term prednisone use? Are there varying degrees of insufficiency?

Well, I did not mean to make this about me. I just wanted to thank both of you for the posts and the thread. It was very interesting. Thanks again.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote