View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 08:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLSmi View Post
Hi Steve;
The great variability in the degree of severity of PD symptoms and the rate at which they progress is proof to me that each of us probably has our own unique disease! Somehow, although freezing while approaching a doorway or other object has not been my experience, falling certainly has. My usual one or two falls per month has recently increased to three or four, the latest being a spectacular full-length face-down performance while crossing a low-traffic street at the medical center. So far I have been spared broken bones by my slight build and strong bones. I've just begun physical therapy in an effort to control my high center of gravity and improve my posture. Tall stature exaggerates the stoop!
About your early-morning freezing experience, I have only one suggestion; have you ever used a cane or hiking stick to relieve any balance anxiety
under those conditions?

Just a thought...

It only happens when I'm off Robert..I have tried canes and walkers..They don't work for me