View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 05:09 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
It is not the only test or even a definitive test... about 25% of normal population will have some blood flow limitation with arms raised.
It is a indicator to follow up with , especially if concerning symptoms are present.

My arm blood flow cuts off with arms raised still, but I have fewer & mild symptoms now.
Unrelated, I'm a biomed student and I've heard about something called Mayne's Sign; a now defunct/useless part of a physical examination looking for signs of aortic insufficiency. This sign is positive when there is a drop of diastolic blood pressure greater than or equal to 15mmHg with arm raised above head. Apparently thoughm, this is seen in 65% of normal individuals hence why its been thrown at as a clue to aortic valve problems.

Anyhoo, like I said I'm seeing both values drop, but the diastolic drops slightly more. Its certainly in the 15-20mmHg range as well! Heh. I have been referred to a hospital outpatients clinic by my GP so I will mention this to the doctor I see there. My main problem is my right side and the headaches that have been almost daily since the middle of December but I do get some mild cooling of the right hand and slight discoloration.
shrug_dealer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote