View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 11:13 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I tend to agree with this, psych symptoms are without a doubt involved here at some level, but her explanation left the impression it is self belief, and self created, where my concussion doctor has numerous times said to me that the depression anxiety etc is likely related to organic injury. Even my psychologist that I use who smartly never tries to explain the injury or claim to be an expert tends to think it's a result of the concussions I slipped into depression.

To her point of expectation of recovery, she said also if you think it will not improve it won't, I e those in the first injured stage their outcome is based a lot on belief. Well I have I had who knows how many concussions , a lot, and my belief was this we oils be exactly like the rest couple weeks and back at it, even a couple months in I was not all that concerned.

I have read enough peer reviewed research to know that this phenomena is not purely made up.

I appreciate the responses and support it is tough to live with something like this and have someone with less education on the subject call herself an expert and throw certainties out. Like absolutes. Concussion just doesn't work in absolutes.

Here is one for you guys that I just recalled. She also said, the reason they don't see anything on imaging mri Ct etc, is because there is nothing going on. This was quite something to hear. I guess she's also qualified to speak on imaging.

Well again thanks, you guys are a great support and somewhere to throw my frustration. I do much better at not getting caught up in it but this stuff got to me.