View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 08:52 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan View Post
Hi Joanna

Sorry I can't answer your question about whether NLD neuropathy is ganglionopathy but I can say that full body nerve damage can be from more than one cause. I have full body neuropathy - from my eyelids to between my toes and pretty much everywhere in-between.

Like Healthgirl, no-one has mentioned ganglionopathy to me (not that they've mentioned much at all). Mine is presumed to be auto-immune as I have another chronic auto-immune condition. Mine was also aggravated by the antibiotic Flagyl (Metrondiazole).

Thanks Cliffman for that useful link.
Thanks all for the replies and the helpful links!

Many of us have experiences wherein the neuro's themselves don't always know. I understand that there can be a number of causes. I read with celieac for example that the gluten causes antibodies that can attack the DRG and therfore that is ganglionopathy brought about by celiac. I dont know how they can know for sure which is under attack if not for the sophisticated MRI's which we dont have access to over here. I do fear that NLD presentation is due to DRG attack by a possible number of mechanisms. I am seeing neuro this Friday. He is a better one, thanks to Lou Lou's recommendation ;-). I will post back what his answer is. Fingers crossed he actually knows!

Bluesfan / Healthgirl, I hope you both are managing to lead some semblance of a normal life. It is so so hard dealing with this when no one else in the average population has a clue what you are on about!

Bluesfan, I have looked through messages to see if we have already messaged so not to repeat myself. I blame the gabapentin for that ;-). What is your other A.I and is it being treated?
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote