Thread: Struggling
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 09:31 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan View Post
Hi Joanna

Your despair about your condition is something many of us can relate to. This forum is one place to get caring support but I sense that you would like to have more one to one contact and support and to share your experience with someone who knows what you're going through.

I'm don't know what part of South UK you are in but here's a link to a Chronic Pain Support Group in Suffolk. (Run by patients for patients)

http://www.chronicpainsupportgroup.c...x.php/meetings

Even if they are not near you maybe you can contact them and they can tell you if there is a group (or maybe an individual member) nearer to you.

I understand your son is very important to you but in order to continue being strong for him it's essential you take some time just for yourself to recharge your own batteries. If you're able to put in place some sort of occasional care for him (family or friends maybe?) and allow yourself time to just do whatever you need to sustain your own well-being.

Take care - we're here whenever you need to vent.
Hi all, thankyou so much for your lovely replies. Just reading these has made me feel less alone

I have a fear of losing my son so end up trying to keep him close. I think this isn't good for him always as I do so much with him but I struggle to keep on top of it all. Sadly, without him, I end up feeling depressed and lonely. But, I want him to have a good life. He does see his dad often and that is great for him and gives me a whole day and sometimes 2 days a week to myself. ALthough it can be depressing, it is better that way for both of us so I will continue to make the most of that. I really do hide it and no one would ever imagine this is how I feel.

Bluesfan, there was a perfect little group near me which I found online. When I contacted the group they explained it no longer met up as there weren't enough people to keep it going. I'm now doing more thorough research and will make contact with more using the link you provided. Thankyou so much.
Yes, it is wonderful to have even on line support but I desperately want closeness with people in person in one form or another. Ideally those who can relate. An in person support group like this would be perfect. I will keep looking for something like this.

Do all of you here have partners? How has it been for you/them having the addition of illness? I ask this because the person I am now is an absolute shadow of who I was when I was healthy. I could never keep up with any element of that life now. Plus I have a little one. But, it is the health and my ability I see as the barrier more than anything. A part of me also fels like I could not cope with a partner in any sense as they would put too much on me, would not understand and would not always 'see' what is going in and therefore lose patience, understanding etc.
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (04-19-2016), PurpleFoot721 (04-17-2016), St George 2013 (05-03-2016)