View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 12:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Nick21,

The big question is what is meant by FULL. Nobody returns to just like before in every way. But most recover to returning to a full life.

The more one worries about every little detail they think they are missing, the greater the chance those little details will be missed. We can focus on issues to the point that we rewire our brains to behave that way.

The 2nd question is: What symptoms are you worried about and how do they prevent you from living your life ?
When you say nobody returns in every way are you referring to all concussions or PCS. Because a lot of people with concussions do recover very quickly and with no lingering remnants from the injury. By full recovery I mean not having to live with lingering remnants of the condition. For example, not having to change your life to adapt to your symptoms i.e. avoiding stimulating environments, not drinking alcohol or caffeine, not being able to afford not getting enough sleep one night, and all of the millions of other little things that are impacted by PCS and require a change of lifestyle.

My only symptoms that I still have are headache, cloudy thinking, and fatigue. In regards to this my question is there reason for me to believe that I can make a FULL recovery to the point that I get back to living my life to the fullest as I was pre injury not bogged down by fatigue, headaches, and constantly feeling foggy. Makes it hard to do the things I want in life like travel, drink alcohol and go to parties, succeed at work, and just generally have day to day energy to live my life and be happy.
Nick21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote