View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 10:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Neurosurgeons

Sounds like you two have some awesome Docs. I wish I was in UK. I wouldn't mind trying out that infrared...

Well, I've been seeing my current neuro in Milwaukee at Froedtert. He's a professor of neurosurgery at Medical College of Wisconsin. I've seen him since my pediatric neuro retired in... 2001 (? -- Hailiesmom, help me on that, would you? Hailie's 1st neuro was Dr. Dunn) he was a GREAT doctor. Fun & easy to talk to. Had his own private practice downtown Milwaukee. Often we talked about (as I got older) the possibility if I could go shuntless or if there was a pill developed to help hydro could I try it...this was before ETV and everything...

In the last year, I found out I CAN NOT go shuntless unless I wanna be falling over myself after 24 hours...my current neuro Dr. Wade Mueller put me through a bunch of tests..and I had my 1st revision in 23 yrs this past August. At 1st I didn't trust Dr. M, but after all this, I'm really glad he waited until he was sure I needed a new shunt. Thats' the only thing about going from your ped neuro to an "adult" neuro...probably general neurosurgeon would be a better word, I guess...he DOES see kids for epilepsy, tumors & stuff, but...anyway...the general/adult neurosurgeon isn't going to really know your case if there's something going on right off the bat like I believe was my case all this time....
KathiDG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote