View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Jose,

Thank you sooooo much for the kind words and the help you give me.

It sounds like we are going to be in the same boat. You are at that point where your kids are leaving home. I know how hard that will be on you. I see so many people go through the empty nest syndrome. I never did because Susan has always lived so close to us and we talk everyday on the phone. Her Dad was at her house about everyday so I know she is having a really hard time over losing him. I think that's why she has decided to make this move to get away and it's like she said. Co. is such a high priced state, it doesn't matter how much you make it takes it all to live here.

We have Californians' moving here because they heard it was cheaper living and more money. I laugh when they tell me that. They aren't though. They come here and use all of their cash to buy a home and then find out there are no high paying jobs here and everything is too expensive. We are second in the nation for the highest in gas prices. Most likely close in food. The cost of living here is just crazy. All a person does here is exist.

I am happy for them but I know as it gets closer it will get harder for me. I want to say they are going to be near Edmonton. There are 5 refineries being built there and Travis and his crew will go in 4 months as I said when their job is needed.

I think they said the weather was cold there. Susan did say that food was about the same as it is here. The cost of living is higher such as housing. As a matter of fact, I don't know yet where they are going to live there. Susan said that all of the hotels are full. There are 10 employee's to every room for this job going on. She has already called and there is nothing to live in there.
There will be about 3 or 4 couples going.

She has already started checking on the border thing. Travis knows he can't take his guns without some kind of paperwork for each one so they will be left behind with his dad.

Travis just wants his family to have more and he feels they would do good by moving there. He also has to take care of me so that doesn't help them. They have picked up what I can't pay. Next month though we will have everything in order and I will be somewhat better off financially.

I am going to miss the boys. Devin is 12 and Dustin is 14. He starts 9th grade this year. They are sleeping right now. They spent the night and have one friend here. I sometimes have 5 boys here at a time. I will miss that no doubt. They are excited about going but I really don't think they are realizing what they are leaving behind yet. Their Dad is here too so they aren't thinking about that one yet. They grew up here and have had the same friends since crawling around in diapers.

I think though this is good for Susan. It really is surprising me that she is all for this. She has always been the keep every thing the same kind of person. She never liked change. She wants the boys to see more also then whats around here. My biggest worry is though that they are at the age that if they go there they will meet someone and fall in love and Susan and Travis will be coming back without them. That's the hard part for me. I don't want them to be all the way around the world away but I know that's possible.

I left Ky. 35 years ago and I was the only one out of my siblings that moved this far away. Like you, I had that doting Mom. She drove me nuts even 1200 miles away. Even though she was a great Mom, she drove me nuts. LOL Dad was not quite as bad but they always had to know where I was. We moved to Oregon one time and I told Mom I would call her as soon as we got settled. We weren't there a week until the police knocked on our door. He told me that my Mom was looking for me. I don't know how the cops found us just being there for a week.

At least your son will be in the same state. That is good. you know you will be able to see him some and hopefully your daughter will move there someday. I sure would rather live in Az. then Alabama. I have 6 brothers and sisters in Ky. and 7 aunts and uncles left and don't know how many cousins so I could go back there but I just can't handle the weather.

It's good that you will have your brother though. That would be nice that you could go to the Dr. with each other. I know how a lot of people feel about Aids but I thought they were getting past it more these days. It doesn't matter what anyone has, they still need the help and they still need loved ones.

My sister is wanting me to move back home and buy a place with her but as I I said I am not ready for that yet. She is 1 year older then me. I did tell her that I would move in with her when we get older and we could take care of each other.

I will be here by myself and I do hate the ideal but I went to Ky. once and couldn't get any medical help. You are right, each state is different about help. That's the only good thing about CO. besides the mountains and the weather. They give more free help then any state going. I would be afraid that I couldn't get the medical help I get here. I have at least 10 Drs. I see and need help from so I hate to go somewhere and start over. Now that I have the VNS in me, it's going to be harder to find someone who can help me with it. I am hoping I can get it turned down. We turned it up a couple of weeks ago and I have been having breathing problems worse and can't sleep at night.

Thanks again for your help Jose, and when you get started back to Az. stop in here to see me. I will email you my info and maybe you can do a night layover.

Love,
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote