View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 08:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I know topamax is used for migraines as well as neuropathy, far down the treatment path. That's how I found it. I take 50 mg twice a day. It has taken the shooting pains in the calf down 80-90 percent if I don't over do it. Over doing it is easy.

It made resting and often sleeping possible. That is why its massive side effect of a metallic taste, which morphed into a reduced sense of taste is worth it. I think many people would bristle at this quid pro quo, however I was getting by on such fractured sleep that occassional full hours of sleep in a row are worth dull tasting food.

I keep my eye out for other options as far as medication and yes I still have bad days related to that symptom, but it is fractional. I do refuse to titrate up, which is a goal I think, but I have zero interest in that.

I hope you find something to take the edge off your symptoms but I would like to point out the laundry list of potential side effects for topamax. Also, I'd imagine (though do not know) that headache doses wpuld trend higher.

My best,

Jon

Last edited by KnowNothingJon; 04-18-2016 at 09:00 PM. Reason: fragment
KnowNothingJon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote