View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 03:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoannaP79 View Post
Hi Starburst, what is the treatment for your other autoimmune? The R.A or SLE?

I have the same pickle. I did have treatment for my original rheumatic type autoimmune. My nerve pain did feel better on this I feel. But I got worried about the poss risks of the treatment I was taking on the nerve damage. That's another story. Pretty sure it flared badly after I stopped treatment for the original. The original autoimmune also flared up again and stayed bad!

It's hard to know the answer. My rheum thought the neuro problem was related to the original autoimmune (A.S). However I amnin contact with numerous people who have A.S - none of them have the secondary nerve issue. So, I believe you can treat the original problem but it won't neccessarily address the nerve related problem. But you won't know until you have been on treatment for some time. I think the immune modulating treatment for Autonomic neuropathy is also ivig? Ibhad and still dobhabe the same question as to whether you could have ivig and another immune modulating treatment for the original autoimmune at the same time. My rheumatologist didn't know the answer to this.
Thanks for your reply. Food for thought.

I'm on methotrexate injections (15mg weekly) and humira (40mg fortnightly). My gastro felt infliximab would be a good option but rheum has held off, mostly on my account, to be honestly. While my body is doing weird and wonderful things, I don't want to add something new to the mix unless absolutely needed. My current combo works well for my RA and I don't want to mess with it; my RA is an aggressive beast.
Starburst is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote