Thread: C5 Palsy
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 08:55 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Update for week 25 - biceps are still very weak. I cannot bend my arm unless it is first bent to a 15-20 degree angle using my other arm. Once the arm is bent, I can actually lift a drink to my mouth, but I think that is mainly my brachialis muscle doing the work, not the bicep. The brachialis is the muscle that sits below the bicep and also helps curl the arm.

My deltoids have gotten a little better. I can rotate my arm to the side a couple more degrees and rotate forward a slight bit more (not much).

Therapist says that there is also weakness in the infraspinatus and supraspinatus (muscles in the shoulder over the scapula). There is muscle activity, but they are weak.

Pain is still intense. I've tried going a day without the Gabapentin, but that only lasted about 4 hours.......

Doctor has scheduled an EMG to see if there is any nerve recovery. If the nerves are coming back, the EMG will give him an idea of how much. The fact that the uninjured nerves have created new sprouts will confuse the results of this test, so it is not an absolute test.
Jastek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ellesabeth (12-15-2023), TheGirlGeek (12-01-2017)