Thread: Struggling
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 12:15 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFoot721 View Post
It is strange that you happened to ask this. Here I am, sitting on the floor taking a break from packing. My husband and I can no longer get along at all. Everything that I have tried to relieve some of the tension between us ends up making things even worse. I spent the weekend away with my parents to come home to him high and looking for an argument. I decided to change moving out from next weekend to Wednesday.

There was support for a while, but that all faded away. I am now the one who is supposed to be there to take care of both of us while dealing with CRPS, depression and some rather bad anxiety attacks.

We have been struggling with our ups and downs in our relationship for a few years now. He has been overly controlling, and abusive in a verbal and psychological way for most of our relationship. I have let it go on for too long mostly because I am very shy, soft spoken, and have some self esteem issues. I was finally just pushed too far. Our separating was bound to happen sooner or later. I just don't like the way it is happening.

Not all relationships are like this though. I know if this were to happen to either of my parents, the other would be right there for them, taking care of every need for the other. It all depends on how strong the relationship is and what type of personality both partners have.
Alaina,

You are in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time.

peace,
zinnia
zinnia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (04-20-2016), PamelaJune (04-20-2016), PurpleFoot721 (04-20-2016), St George 2013 (05-03-2016)