View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 08:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Mine is a Nevro

Hi Deb, I have the Nevro, I love that I have no clue it's on other than there is a reduction to my pain. On good days, I can get up to 60% reduction. Most days I have on avg a 50% reduction ie where I used to have a score of 8 regularly, day in day out, most days now I rate pain around a 4, 5, sometimes 6. It took a fair bit of tweaking over a period of time but I'm happy with where it's at now. Even better, I went from 100mg patch (fentanyl), 120mg OxyContin, 30mg Endone, 2mg Xanax, 100mg tapentadol a day to just 1 sometimes 2 sublingual temgesic .02mc. My journey is detailed on a separate thread.

The trial is to establish if it's of benefit to you. They won't do the full implant procedure if it is not likely to offer improvement to your quality of life and offer you the chance to reduce your meds.

I sometimes have wondered if it really works, or if it's in my mind. I recently went on a cruise and due to security measures at airports and customs etc, I turned the device off. Ended up being off for 24 hours. I was very, very pleased to finally turn it in the following day and within 4 hours notice a difference.
eva5667faliure (05-06-2016), ger715 (04-21-2016), Hopeless (04-21-2016), St George 2013 (04-21-2016)