View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 04:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan444 View Post
Hello everyone. I received my fourth concussion 6 weeks ago while playing in my college hockey game. As a senior, it has already been difficult dealing with the stress of moving on from the game. This concussion has only added stress and anxiety, as the recovery process has been slow. I am still experiencing symptoms, and I wanted some advice from you guys. I have slowly started to go on 30 minute walks, and just resumed classes this week. It has been good to get out of my dark dorm room, as that has been depressing in itself. I have refrained from using alcohol, but have gotten back into chewing tobacco, as it helps me focus while reading and studying. I just wanted your opinion on this, as it is always useful to hear from others. Thank you for the help!
I also began to chew tobacco during my recovery. (I had quit some time before). If there is anything you can do for yourself that will help you in the long run it is to quit the dip. You will recover from your concussion, but recovery from oral cancer is iffy and can require horribly invasive surgeries. I quit after a month . . . and was much happier for it and I swear my recovery came along faster. Give yourself time and you will be fine from the concussion. You may never recover from oral cancer if you get it. The worry about the dip will just make your anxiety worse.
seth8a is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote