View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 01:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Gerry, I had (& still have) the percutaneous leads only, Nevro don't do paddles but because the PM struggled getting only 1 lead threaded in the beginning they thought they may have to do a brand and model change from Nevro percutaneous leads to doing a laminectomy and inserting a Boston paddle with leads. After I did lots of research I stuck with the percutaneous threading not wanting to have a laminectomy (ever again after my last one in the 1990's). I found a new PM who believed he could get the 2nd thread in (& did). He did encounter problems as did the first PM because my upper spine where the leads are threaded in is crumbling -around T8 they went in. I also had that horrible nurse who screamed at me at midnight and refused to give me the meds written up. I complained after my PM requested I do so, (she was severely disciplined).

I have never had the pulsing/buzzing, I would not be able to tolerate it with my headaches. All the paddle SCS implants currently are low frequency which means they pulse/buzz. Nevro only does the high frequency and there is no buzzing awareness at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Pam,
If I recall correctly, you had to have the first SCS implant removed because of issues and had a second surgery to implant a paddle SCS which I believe required a laminectomy. Did the first implant have the buzzing/vibrating type? From what you describe, it would appear the paddle SCS does not have the pulsing.

Gerry
eva5667faliure (05-06-2016), ger715 (04-22-2016), St George 2013 (04-22-2016)