View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 08:30 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I'm so sorry Bobby

Another similarity though…
My mother had tens of thousands of dollars in jewelry. Since 2007 my sister was supposed to be just "holding" it, but she still has it all. Neither one of us would sell it, but we were supposed to divided it up. She took all the furniture because when we left the house she got a condo and I moved into an apartment. A month after my mother died, she gathered up all my mother's (all designer) clothes and brought them to a consignment shop. She collected money from that for years. I didn't get a penny because I couldn't pick my mother's bones a month after she died. What I'm really concerned about are the family photo albums. For over 10 years I've been asking to get them so I can have them copied and she always tells me they're packed away somewhere. I haven't mentioned the jewelry. I've been focused on the pictures.

My mother died the summer before my senior year of HS. The month after I graduated, my dad put our house on the market and bought my sister and I a condo because she refused to move into the new house with him and his new wife. She kicked me out of the condo about a year later for smoking a cigarette in my bedroom. She convinced my father to sell her the condo for $20K below the market value and moved her now husband in. I got first, last, and security towards my room in a 3 bedroom apartment totaling $900. She's smart.

Money means a lot to some people. Some of them are willing to do shifty **** to get what they want. I'd rather have nothing than feel dirty or hurt somebody else.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-22-2016), Dmom3005 (04-22-2016)