View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 10:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default your interest will guide you

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwad01 View Post
To be honest i've read the threads on mucuna and I'm definitely still confused about "dose"--to be specific--I take Stalevo 100/25 6x/day---I bought the Solaray product (333 mg per capsule) and the Banyan mucuna powder will arrive in 2 days--I would to try this but dont want to drastically underdose and, more importantly, don't want to overdose--does anyone have a suggestion on how i could try the capsule --and when the powder comes--where I might start in terms of dosing and interaction with Stalevo-- I realize this is not a straightforward question! but I would greatly appreciate any help
Seems med experimentation is an exercise in alchemy....and a personal one. Mucuna powder has yielded miraculous results for me when i was hitting a point of no return (taking more with less effect) with sinemet alone ...and mucuna feels better than sinemet to me so I heartily recommend a sincere inquiry to you .. My med journey started with sinemet- started low but then my med pattern has followed a bell curve and after 6 years of taking medication (just started mucuna this past year) I now take much less sinemet than what I had been taking. I've found that combining 1/4 tsp. ashwaganda powder with 1/2 tsp. mucuna powder and 1/2 tabet of 10/100 carbidopa-levadopa 3 to 4 times perday works well for me. years aago I tried mucuna with no success and at one time was taking 6 pills 25/100 sinemet per day but was able to back off of that with adjunct therapies and the knowledge that more is not always better.
my mucuna powder is 20% levadopa and very carefully monitored for purity. Dyskinesia is much much less now with mucuna powder and I suspect it contains a natural compliment of enzymes that assist uptake..a book you might find of interest is "Mucuna versus Parkinson" by Dr. Rafael Gonzalez Maldonado (also on facebook) though he reccomends consulting with neuros famaliar with mucuna (think he does phone consults)'
to my mind the lower the dose the better though finding the therapeutic window takes trial and error , a lot of patience and inquiry and perhaps a little luck....for me I feel ashwaganda made a difference. oh yeah and one more thing...I've discovered that heating the water used to dissolve the mucuna and ashwaganda powder helps too-goes easier on my stomach...

Kind regards
MD

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla

Last edited by moondaughter; 04-25-2016 at 08:57 AM.
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bogusia (04-25-2016)