View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 08:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The allard blue rocker is a carbon fiber energy return brace. You should feel the energy return when walking
I think mine was made by Otto, it's very lightweight,comes to about 3 inches below my knees. I have broken numerous of them--at least 7, so I have to find a new brand. The company has a one year warranty and they won't warranty any more.
Hanger clinic, where I go, is suggesting a brace with two struts attaching it to the foot plate instead of one called the wishbone---hopefully it will be stronger.
I am on my feet a lot for work, but they mainly have all broke doing simple things, like stepping off a step, stepping out of my car, etc.
I am not able to run, ski, skate or any of those fun things, but they make it so i am able to do normal walking activities,housework, shopping,visiting, driving etc without tripping over my feet.
Sometimes at home I will go without them thinking it's better for my nerves/muscles---but I hate the slowness and how careful I have to be, so if I really want to get stuff done I just put them on.
northerngal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ElaineD (04-25-2016), KnowNothingJon (04-24-2016)