View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 10:56 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I gained alot of weight after my injury. Fatigue and any increase in exercise brought on headaches and more fatigue. So walking very short intervals at first then swimming then finally back to yoga class - could not do much of class at first but it helped my flexibility and since it did not increase my heart rate I was able to gradually increase my class time. I recommend chair yoga for starters if you have balance issues. I continue to build up my tolerance to exercise and now (at 4 years post injury) I can do 45 min class and have recently started Tai Chi classes. There are all kinds of videos online so you can try out the yoga and tai chi at home in short intervals and see how that goes. Since I started the tai chi I have lost 3 lbs (in 4 weeks!)

two years ago when I was able to get out more, I joined weight watchers and have lost almost 30 lbs on that program. Their focus is reducing sugar and saturated fats and I eat very little processed food.

I have lost weight and increased my exercise without getting my heart rate higher than mid 80-90 per minute and only slight increase in headache (which I am prepared to live with) so it can be done
Estreetfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KnockedOutMom (04-26-2016)