Thread: acceptance
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 08:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Acceptance is important...but it's just one piece of the puzzle. I accept that I have RSD...I accept that I have limits...and sometimes I choose to ignore them and deal with the consequences because what I want to do is more important to me than the cost (which seems higher and higher as time goes by). Every day is filled with choices...most are small and some are big. I think it's important to accept that I have RSD and all that goes with it only because it helps me make more informed decisions. So long as I accept that some of my choices to do certain things come with consequences then that's ok...it's my CHOICE. But deluding myself into thinking that I'm normal and can do things like I used to...THAT is dangerous territory and what I think we all need to avoid.

We have more control over our lives than I think we give ourselves credit for. As I said...most of the choices we make are small things in a given day but they all add up to the big picture. My days all start with a choice to get out of bed and go from there. Is it frustrating sometimes when we think about the things we CAN'T control? Of course...but the best advice I ever got since getting this stupid condition is to not worry about the stuff I can't control but focus on what I CAN control. That has helped me through some of the absolute worst times. It's not always easy to do...lol...but when I get into a bad place mentally it helps me pull myself together and reorganize my thoughts in a positive way.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (04-27-2016), maygin (05-01-2016), PurpleFoot721 (04-26-2016), visioniosiv (05-01-2016), zinnia (04-25-2016)