View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 09:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default First appt with neurosurgeon next wee

This thread is giving me hope! I have severe neuropathy in feet and legs that progressed rapidly a few months ago. Feet are numb and i have twitching muscles and severe pain in calves thighs and left hip. I am on heavy pain meds to get through the work day and add xanax at night because pain is worse when I try to relax. Walking is difficult, balance is very bad. Not worth living like this.

An MRI taken when neuropathy was just getting started and confirmed degenerative spinal stenosis, with 2 bulging disks in lumbar area. I have had a number of episodes with severe back pain and spasms for many years. But the neurologists dismissed spinal stenosis as the cause of the neuropathy.

After many tests - no cause can be found for the nerve pain and progression of the nerve damage. I am seeing a spinal neuro surgeon next week and wonder if he will also dismiss stenosis as the cause for the neuropathy.

My question is would severe neuropathy that affects my ability to walk make me a likely cabdidate for surgery? I am doung physical therapy, but not getting better.
rec60661 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote