View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 10:24 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Elaine

I can understand your wanting to get as complete a picture of where your PN might be headed. With there being so many types of neuropathy with so many causes and outcomes, this can be difficult.

It may help to try and identify, as close as possible, which type(s) of neuropathy you have. At a guess, from earlier reading of some of your posts, it would seem you have SFN with motor nerve damage. Sorry I can't recall if you also have sensory nerve damage as well.

From posts by several other members here on NT it would seem that the third type: autonomic nerve damage can be the most harmful when it progresses.

Here's a link to some information on the different types:

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/p...neuropathy.htm

I hope this is helpful - Like you I'm concerned at my PN progressing. I find that by researching and trying to clarify the different classifications, types & symptoms, it helps me to monitor any changes without getting too anxious. It also makes me aware of which new symptoms may indicate a progression that needs attention.

All the best for finding answers and thanks also for the useful information you posted elsewhere about braces.
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ElaineD (05-29-2016), indigo (05-30-2016), St George 2013 (04-28-2016)