View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 12:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default our observations and possible therapuetic dosage

We have been taking mucuna, bulk powder, for years. I've posted about it before, there are many posts here about mucuna, and of course tons of information out there in cyberspace. I don't want to to repeat all of that, but did want to mention a couple of things we have experienced:

1. have never gotten nauseous taking the mucuna powder;

2. we take it mixed in water, you have to mix it well and drink it rather quickly as it will settle to the bottom;

3. less water is better, I think of our mixture as a semi-runny sludge, gross, but works, because it's too hard to slog down 8 (or more) ounces of this stuff;

4. there may be a therapeutic dosage to mucuna, which will depend on each individual...for us, the minimum amount we have to take to feel any effect is 1.5 teaspoons...occasionally, and more frequently recently, we are taking 2 teaspoons at a time;

5. we get ours from Banyan Botanicals (no relationship to them) and it's organic. We buy in bulk, set some in a container on the counter for immediate use, and just freeze the rest. It's around $22/pound which lasts a long time and is a heck of a lot cheaper than scripts;

6. for us, food does not interfere with mucuna like it does with sinemet, which is huge;

7. mucuna is like glue: when mixed with water and allowed to dry, it's next to impossible to get it out of a glass (or your sink...). We use those tiny paper dixie cups, which don't hold a lot of water to begin with, so that's good, and they are perfect for mixing and taking the mucuna because you can throw them away. Plus, if you're shaky at the moment and drop the cup, it doesn't shatter like a glass would and risk cutting you or someone else.

I hope this helps others. For us, the mucuna will hit when nothing else does and has really helped smooth out some rough spots. Just wish it tasted like chocolate
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bogusia (04-26-2016), eds195 (04-26-2016), lab rat (04-27-2016), moondaughter (04-26-2016), shcg (04-26-2016), soccertese (04-26-2016)