View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 08:04 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

When I tried to return to work as a pediatric therapist with accommodations, I was constantly overwhelmed/overstimulated by my sound sensitivity and auditory processing issues. I had been encouraged to return to work for months, but took 11 months until I did. Stupid me! I was on my way to recovering before I stepped foot back into work. Four weeks later, I was hit in a he back of my head by another student. Three days later(just like the first injury 1 year and 1 week before) the severe headaches, dizziness and nausea came back full force and haven't left in over 1 1/2 years. So unnecessary had the principal listened to my fears of working with certain students due to their behavioral issues.
PCS has drastically changed my life from being an active, outgoing individual to a fairly sedentary, reclusive individual who prefers staying in her backyard and talking to her plants--they won't hit or push me or talk loudly and offer beauty and relief to me.
FYI--tai chi classes have been very helpful in many ways. The only part of class that is difficult is before the class starts (can't take the chit chatting), but I tell myself the class is worth it and it always is!
Off to see a neurologist for an IME to deal with my permanency of disability. This should be interesting as I haven't met a neuro yet who could accurately test visual and vestibular issues with their wonderful neuro exam. This one just might get a lesson from me as I am fed up with incompetent and insensitive medical professionals who have no idea what it is like to live with PCS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SMSotr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MVTBI (04-29-2016)