View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 10:31 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default ACDF recovery and new pain issues

I had two level acdf almost 5 weeks ago. The surgery was successful and the pain and numbness in my right arm is gone

I am now dealing with post-surgical pain, soreness and basically the blah's. I have a stabbing pain in the cervical region of my spine and my left shoulder and left upper arm are extremely sore. I started physical therapy 2 weeks post-op and can turn my head slightly, but the pain can be overwhelming. My neurosurgeon has me taking Tylenol for pain but it doesn't do anything. I told him that I have been feeling poorly for the past 3 weeks and he told me to see my primary physician.

I went to my primary physician and told her that I tire easily and my throat is tender and lymph nodes have been swollen for 3 weeks. She ran a series of blood tests and everything came back normal except the Epstein-Barr virus panel which showed the virus had been active in my body in the past (this was news to me). She doesn't know why I feel so poorly and prescribed a Meddrol dose pack to reduce the swelling in my neck and throat. I have not started this yet.

Have others have on-going throat and neck issues after acdf? Will the pain on my left side lessen or go away? I feel like I traded one pain for another except this time, I can't even get anything to help me tolerate the pain. Driving and sitting at my computer seem to make things worse. I have an 80 mile round trip commute to work everyday where I sit at a computer. See the problem? Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
Tamiacat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote