View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 12:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I'm in the same boat as a few of you! I'm only 3.5 months into post concussion syndrome and the biggest problem is insomnia. Unfortunately, for me, insomnia was an issue for years prior to the concussion. Basically, the concussion took the insomnia and made it worse. Always fall asleep for the first 3 hours and then I wake up every hour. I simply wake to turn to the other side and fall back asleep, like something is snapping me out of sleep. I thought it would be blood sugar related cause I have low blood sugar issues. But that's improved greatly lately, due to diet changes. I also would eat a high protein snack at night but no change. I'm a side sleeper and don't wake up, gasping for breath. So I highly doubt it's sleep apnea. Nevertheless, however, I got a referral for a sleep doc, which I'm going to use. At least I can get some answers on my brain wave activity during the night. I read that there are brain wave disorders that can cause this problem. So who knows, it's worth a try.

Melatonin doesn't work cause I don't have probs with falling asleep. Took a herbal sleep concoction with the same effect. Been practicing good sleep hygiene too. I'm about to try 5 HTP. I just wish I knew what keeps waking me thro the night. So frustrating!
Concussed_Lineman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote