View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 04:39 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbobby21 View Post
I went from weighing around 160 lbs pre-concussion to weighing 220 lbs 1 year post-concussion. my appetite was insane, I could not function at all so I ate to try to relieve the stress of the symptoms. I am now 2 years out from when this all started and I now weigh 165 lbs. Around 1 year ago, when I was at my heaviest and my symptoms were still rather severe, I decided that I was going to try as hard as I could to do something to better myself. I was not able to exercise, so it came entirely down to my diet. I reduced my calories to 1500-1800 calories a day, and within 2 months I had gotten down to weighing 180 lbs. Over the next few months after that I lost another 15 lbs and have been maintaining the weight that I am at now ever since.

So, if you are not able to exercise, then you are really going to have to watch what you eat. It all comes down to calories in and calories out. So if you are a woman as your username suggests, then you will likely need to eat around 1500 calories a day to lose weight. What I did was get into a set schedule for my meals. So I would basically have the same thing every single day for breakfast and lunch and then I would only have to worry about dinner. It removes the stress of having to choose what to eat, it becomes habit.

There are websites like https://cronometer.com/ where you can track what you eat so you get a good idea of how many calories you are eating in a day.

I would focus on high volume, low calorie foods like non-starchy vegetables, fruit, rice, beans, potatoes, etc. I would limit high calorie low volume foods like nuts, butter, oils, and other high fat foods. It is really easy to get in an extra 500 calories from fats like these without even knowing it.

So in conclusion, I would start tracking the calories you intake every day and see how your weight changes with the intake of different values. If you arent losing weight eating 1800 calories a day for instance, you might need to lower it, or be certain you arent getting hidden calories from oils or other things.

I can give a day of eating example for what eating 1500 calories might look like if you would like me too.
An example of your daily eating would be great, thanks.
KnockedOutMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote