View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 04:44 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Is fatigue the main treadmill issue or is it faster heart rate the issue?
Can you do moderate weight lifts, slowly , added to the treadmill work?
Not heavy or to bulk up, but more reps with a moderate comfortable weight.

Basics- read labels, avoid junk food /drinks, focus on veggies and lean protein cooked healthy - baked, broiled , steamed , crockpot , etc not fried.
Coconut oil is new thing now, olive oil is good.

If you can figure out your triggers to eat or make bad food choices... easier said than done tho...

We do have a weight loss forum here too, with posts, info & various diet plans linked in the sticky threads.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum42.html
It's a combination of the 2, the biggest probably being the increased HR. I only do a slow walk, but once I hit about 90-100 BPM I can really feel it. Right now that takes me about 8 minutes, so the last 2 minutes are harder. I always feel better, even if I am fatigued after for doing it.

I'd like to start doing weights but I don't know where to start. Any program that I find is meant for normal people. I want to start out slow too, but I can't afford a personal trainer to help me.

My biggest trigger is I just don't think about it. Grabbing a cookie is a habit and my mind doesn't even register until after i've eaten it. So I can do great for a couple days and then the moment some treat is around I go to town. It isn't until after I've eaten it that it registers that I shouldn't be eating it. I can't not have it in the house as I have a husband and kids who love treats. I try hiding it, and that does help. But then I go to a restaurant and order a favourite food and then realize that it was full of fat/etc.
KnockedOutMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote