View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 06:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Wow, thanks so much!

1. My neuropathies have been defined as idiopathic. All known causes that have confirming tests have been ruled out, including multiple MRIs CT Scans and Lumbar Puncture (Spinal tap).

My Duke University Medical Center Immunologist believes that my Immune System attacks the organs and systems of my own body. I have damage to many other organs. But the damage to my nerves is the greatest. The attack is NOT DONE with autoantibodies, but probably with cytokines. There is no test, currently, to confirm this hypothesis.

The neuropathy in my legs and feet is sensory and motor. I am essentially crippled because the Neuropathy is profound (No function at all in two out of three of the major nerves) and I wear braces on my legs, including my feet, which have given me an amazing increase in mobility.

i have damage to my moisture system (Sjogren's type) lung (small airway obstruction) bladder (Interstitial Cystitis) ears (Meniere's and deafness) and of course both PN and SFN. I have Primary Immune Deficiency Disorder and receive IgG through IVIG monthly, and will for the rest of my life. I also have idiopathic anemia, a rare copper deficiency, severe coronary artery disease, and probably more......

I am very happy, however to have had an amazingly full life before all of this began in my late 50's (I'm now 74).

I will schedule my Gabapentin in 6 doses, Shaggy, Makes sense and why not?

Hugs, Elaine
ElaineD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (04-27-2016), pinkynose (04-27-2016), St George 2013 (04-28-2016)