View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 09:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNancy View Post
it is always a big relief to have correct answers and be diagnosed for sure.
at least now you can work with your dr on a plan of care. it sounds like you have made good decisions.

i hope the plan goes smoothly for you. i have never heard of that drug. can you tell me something about it?
Extavia is an interferon that is injected every other day. The dose begins with 0.25ml then increases by 0.25ml every 2 wks until the completed titrated dose
of 1 ml. It is a subcutaneous injection that is rotated in 24 injection sites on the body. It can cause flu-like symptoms, I will have my IBU on hand. My neuro suggests Aleve but I don't tolerate Aleve well.

I must try Extavia and one other drug before I can try Copaxone, which is the drug my neuro would prefer that I be on. If it will help, I am willing to try it. At least the Extavia does not require refrigeration, it is in powder form and the syringes are filled with sterile mixing solution. I have watched it mixed and measured, very simple. I have friends to help with the actual injections. I have tremors in my hands when I have resistance in them, I would be afraid of hurting myself or breaking a needle off in my body.
bddouglas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote