View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 02:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just poppping in for a very quick update since I am so much pain after today's visit. It was like an exercise in torture...poked and prodded and grabbed and so many other things. All necessary for diagnosis I'm sure but darn...I am in some serious pain. Good news (I guess??) is that the dr has some ideas about what is causing the pain. He thinks I have peripheral neuropathy and wants to do some tests for that. He wants an mri of my spine and doesn't understand why no one has done this yet (me too) because he thinks something there might be pressing on a nerve, causing the pain in my neck, shoulder, and arm. He put me on lyrica, something to help me sleep, and meloxicam. I go back june 8th (soonest they could get me in) for a skin punch test and to follow up on test results and how meds are working, and also to see a psychologist (who he wanted me to see today but she said she was too busy). So that's short version...my bath is ready so hopefully will feel well enough to post more details later. Feeling optimistic at this point though...dr seemed to really listen and want to help me sort through this.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (04-29-2016), Hopeless (04-28-2016), NurseKris (04-28-2016), zinnia (04-28-2016)