View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 11:24 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I think I have had about 5 yard sales. I like to be overly organized and I am constantly organizing while people are shopping. I hate it when people look through my clothes and then leave them in the wrong place or not folded. I have gone to yard sales and they just have things thrown out onto a table or even on a tablecloth or sheet on the ground. I tend not to stay very long at those. One time I was selling my girls Barbie things and other young child hood things. My sister was also selling things. We both had high chairs out there. Mine was spick and span clean, tray slid easily, seat belt still good. Hers was really dirty, no seat belt, etc. Mone sold for over asking price since several people were wanting it and hers never sold. same with Barbie stuff. I had my outfits all in separate zip lock bags along with any shoes or purse that went with them. Everyone sold. I think at that yard sale I made $200 and my sister made enough that it covered the doughnuts we bought. I also like to sell soft drinks and water, $1 a piece. There is nothing like a nice ice cold water or soft drink on a hot day. I also like to have a free box. they were always old stuffed animals or McDonalds toys or stuff like that that one would normally put a price of $.10 on it. It's worth it to have a happy Mom that can tell her kid to get something out of the free box. She would always buy something extra.

I miss my yard sale days but I think they are over. Plus my daughter would always help me after my sister could no longer do it. This was when she was married and I had two strong kids to handle getting the tables out of the garage, etc. Now she is divorced and it's just the two of us. I would never ask my husband to help me now. People would run away. He looks to hagard and weak now.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (05-01-2016), Kitty (04-28-2016), tkrik (04-29-2016)