View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 01:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Jeff, Thanks for your welcome additions to this thread. I'm impressed with your commitment to define and maintain such specific workout protocols. Of course, riding on roads or trails restricts my ability to maintain such precise intervals. I do note, for what it's worth, that I feel stronger and more affected by my cycling when I ride outside. Jay has told me informally that it appears that a higher cadence (still maintaining the hr parameters), provides stronger results. I have also found for me that riding four or more days/week is better than three one hour slots. I can't imagine restricting myself to a tandem. Just organizing the people to help would use up my resources. As long as I can ride on my own, inside or out, I am in charge of my program and that sense of self efficacy means a great deal to my continued success, which brings me to the point of emphasizing two other points: the power of the placebo effect and the fact that movement is just one part of Parkinson's: emotion and cognition play equally important roles.

Could you tell us a bit more about yourself?
Nan Cyclist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote