View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 04:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Feeling miserable

I had my vp shunt placed Nov 25 2015 due to IIH and I feel awful still. I've had testing and everything shows fine. Shunt series perfect, ctscan fine. Which of course is good news but it's frustrating being in pain 24/7. I would rather deal with the iih headaches daily then with this shunt. My pressures are fine, yet I feel like my head could pop. My neck is so sore all the time, no signs of infection per the ER last weekends. I have an appointment with my neurosurgeon in a few weeks and im requesting it be tied off. I know they can't remove the catheter that goes from the shunt to the ventricle, but has anyone heard of them removing the catheter from the shunt to the abdomen? I'm not really sure what "tying it off" entails so if anyone could enlighten me with details that would be great. Can they remove the entire thing except the catheter that goes into my ventricle? Like I said I'm having a very difficult time with this and my anxiety is making is so much worse to the point I'm barely able to make it through the day. Please. Does anyone have advice or info? I'm so desperate.

Thank you
Nicole
Nursenicole103180 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote