View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 07:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

BioBased,

There is a lot of loss with RSD. I think what is helping me now is to focus on what I CAN do. My garden is quickly being overgrown with weeds, which is not really true. The last few days I have changed my attitude and went for my walk with my two broomsticks in my hands to help me walk and focused on, ONLY on the flowers. It was a positive experience. I sat on the bench and petted the two yeller yard cats. Then talked to them all about the garden. It helps me to talk to the cats. It has been a good way to tame them, and show them that they can trust me. They were so wild when they came to our yard.

Maybe acceptance is slowly setting in. I am going to order a long handled hand hoe so I can sit in the lawn chair and do a very little weeding or planting at a time. I no longer feel hopeless about it. I will do what I can, when I can. It is making my back stronger and my RSD foot needs the walking.

I am finding the more I read a book, the better my focus is. I am really enjoying reading now. I am reading all kinds of books, whatever my husband brings to me from the library.

We are getting movies through the mail from netflix and that is something to look forward to.

I have a cat inside too that is a lot of company. She was a little stray kitten, she found me, a gift. I have given her all the comforts of home.

Just taking care of the house takes up a lot of time, as I can now only do a little and then go and rest, I really have to pace myself or I pay for it. It is the same with the cooking, if I break it down into little bits, I am finding I can still do it. We had some of our favorite dishes this week. Also doing it in the morning helps, as I really do fade in the afternoon. I am adapting.

Thank you for asking, it has been good for me to look at this from a positive perspective. We are here with you, and for you, together we are strong.

peace
zinnia
zinnia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (04-29-2016), catra121 (04-29-2016), ger715 (04-29-2016), St George 2013 (04-29-2016)