Thread: Kids Today....
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 09:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

A little off topic, but in a similar ballpark.

When I was in my late 20's or early 30's, can't remember now, my Mom and I were babysitting one of my brother's little girls. She was probably kindergarten age at the time.

It was a Sunday morning and I needed to run to the drugstore just a few blocks away to get something. A real quick in and out. Well, my little niece wanted to go with me, and dumb me, saw no harm in taking her along for the ride.

WHAT a MISTAKE !!! Wow, did I learn a quick lesson. We got in the store and I grabbed what I needed. She wanted me to buy her this, that, and everything she saw. (They had an entire aisle of toys.) I told her I did not have money to buy any of the items she wanted. She was very distraught. Her Mom and Dad had money so why didn't I ???

Why do kids always think adults have money? Even when they are no longer kids themselves, they STILL think that their elders have money to cover them when they don't have enough.

I am now in my late 60's, the kids in their 30's and 40's and they STILL think just by virtue of being older, that I have money.

If I tell them the meager amount that I have to live on each month, they think I am making it up. They know I haven't been able to work in well over a decade but I guess they think I have a money tree in the backyard just waiting to be plucked as needed.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Starznight (04-30-2016)