View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 11:06 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Red face Surgery

Well, I had surgery on the 26th and am home now. It was a VERY difficult recovery the first few days. Right after surgery and upon awakening I was shivering and dry crying from the intense pain. They gave me just about everything they could. It wasn't until they gave me dilauted (SP?) until finally I was feeling pain that was tolerable. I spent 3 days in the hospital and was up and walking the first day. I came home the evening of the 29th and have been recovering at home. I still have some pain, but it's not as bad as I was expecting. The dr. gave me the option to stay another day in the hospital, but I knew, being home with my family and pets, that my recovery would speed up. It has and thank goodness my husband has been SUCH a trooper. He hunted down a shower chair for me and drove ways he ALWAYS avoids, just to help me. I could truly feel the love he has for me. He has been getting me what I need when I need anything and has been crucial to my recovery. My 16 year old daughter has been a really big help! She helps me when dad is not home. Heck, even when dad is home she asks if I need anything. She has never been so caring and helpful and I appreciate her more now than ever. I love them both with all my heart! :group hug: as far as pain is concerned, it's there, but has been going down little by little. I think I am more sore now than anything. I have bruises all over my right arm from where they had to try (eventually succeeding) in getting me started on another IV while in surgery. It looks like I got beat up on my arm...pretty nasty!
Anyways, I would not have wished the recovery part on my worst enemy, but the recovery after the initial recovery, has been good. I can't wait to heal up and get on the road to weight loss (I'm 255lbs at 5'5"). I am determined to lose a bunch of weight! I do not want any more back surgeries! Anyways if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them as honestly as I can! Thanks for reading if you got this far!
onlymedid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (05-03-2016), Hopeless (05-01-2016), PamelaJune (05-31-2016)